Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Custody team builds and maintains the most secure crypto storage service in the world - storing billions of dollars worth of crypto assets for some of the biggest names in both crypto and finance. We take on hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems.
As a mobile engineer for Coinbase Custody, you will build the core mobile Custody experience, which sits at the intersection of our institutional clients and our proprietary cold storage infrastructure. You will work on all parts of the stack to enable a range of use-cases across a variety of assets, including cold and hot storage, staking-as-a-service, crypto loan, etc. Finally, you will join a small but growing team - you will be in front of customers and directly part of the feedback loop.
A little about our team: We care deeply about our stack and tools - we are using React Native to build our iOS and Android applications from the ground up. We pay special attention to performance as we operate a real-time application with high frequency, low latency updates that power interactive charts. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Build, test and ship full stack customer facing features/products using tools and framework like React Native, Typescript, ES6, and Redux.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Leverage native APIs for deeper integrations with iOS/Android platforms.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience developing and shipping user-facing features and applications using React or React Native.
- Write high-quality tests
- Experience monitoring and managing apps in production
- Attention to detail and a flair for shipping polished products
Nice to haves:
- Github Profile
- Links to products you’ve built
- You're staying on top of React Native best practices.
- You've worked on React Native teams in the consumer, finance or security space.
- Understanding of iOS SDK/Android framework API and application lifecycles
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
27 days ago - source