The voice of our landscapes, conservation champions and lovers of all things outdoors, you’ll help to keep the British countryside and coast wonderful. Working in some of the nation’s most stunning places and spaces, come rain or shine, your love of the outdoors will inspire others as you strive to ensure that landscapes are beautifully presented and continue to take our visitors’ breath away.
What it's like to work here:Our South Lakes property in the Lake District is one of the most diverse, interesting and challenging properties in the whole of The National Trust. Millions of people visit the Lakes every year and one of our key challenges is how to connect more and better with these people, from all round the world, when they are here. We look after some of the most beautiful and iconic parts of the Lake District around Hawkshead and Coniston, with very strong links to Beatrix Potter and her legacy of land, farms and buildings and artwork.
We work within our national and regional strategy and vision and increasingly closely with our colleagues in the 5 other property units across the whole of the Lakes, to ensure a consistent quality experience for everyone who comes into contact with us.Click here for more information about the Lake District
What you'll be doing:With your endless passion for our work, you’ll help with the protection and care of habitats, wildlife, property and machinery, and your passion will inspire other to love this beautiful place as much as you do. We want you to engage with visitors, making time to talk to them, not rushing away to the next task. As an easily identifiable member of the Ranger team, on your best day you will be creating lasting memories for everyone.
You’ll make sure that, at every twist and turn of these fantastic landscapes, we’re delivering excellent conservation work. You’ll share our common goal with customers and build relationships in the local community, proudly representing the National Trust. Maintaining our countryside, or creating wildlife habitats, no two days will be the same.
You’ll also share and promote the work that we do here, ensuring special places like these are here to be both protected and enjoyed by everyone for ever. This will see you responding to queries and explaining the value of the work being undertaken. After all, your passion and dedication could fire the imagination that makes a visitor become a supporter for the rest of their life.
In this role, you’ll work some weekends, bank holiday and evenings.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking forOur team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’, but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You’ll need to;
- Deliver practical conservation work to protect and enhance the conservation status of the property
- Demonstrate a passion for nature, heritage and the outdoors
- Able to engage with visitors to ensure they understand the value of your work
- Help create a great place to work, sharing common goals
- Be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- Be an excellent team player
- Be able to work safely, with risk assessments and compliance with safety procedures
- Experience in a land, access and conservation management
- Experience in and working in a similar outdoor setting
- Competence with machinery and equipment as well as having the relevant certificates required
- A full UK driving licence
The packageLooking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking