Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in the rail industry? Savage is looking for a team member who has rail switching experience and will be responsible to switch rail cars in a safe and timely manner within the customer’s facility in Pasadena, TX.
This is a full time position that will allow you to enjoy a full package of BENEFITS, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off, growth opportunities and life insurance plans and company paid certifications and training.
- Operate a locomotive to spot rail cars, unload, and build outbound trains
- Inspect rail cars and perform air brake inspections
- Professional interaction and collaboration with other Savage Team Members and customers
- Participation in safety training programs, which may require brief and occasional travel
- Assist with maintenance, clean-up, and other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass a skills test on the type of work performing
- Dependability in attendance required
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule and overtime (including holidays and weekends) when needed
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed
- Minimum of 1 years experience in rail switching preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Vaild Drivers License
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Ability to be exposed to the outdoor elements
- Must be physically able to do the following:
- Climb on and off rail-cars and locomotives safely
- Operate rail-car hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Walk long distances
- Consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on elevated surfaces
- Work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs consistently throughout the course of a shift
- Operate basic hand tools
- Wear required PPE
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
9 days ago - source