Join NatWest Markets in London as a Quant Developer
- Joining us as a Quantitative Developer, you'll work as part of the SAF Analytics team and deliver software solutions to internal clients and systems
- You'll work on the Single Analytics Framework used by 50+ clients and 300+ direct users, and you'll use C++, C# , Python among other technologies
- Working for front office trading, market risk and back office clients, you'll gain valuable exposure
- This role is available at associate or vice president level
- This vacancy opens on 13/02/2019 and close on 13/03/2019
What you'll do
As a Quantitative Developer, you'll work on long term strategic projects whilst supporting a large client base of users of the analytics with their various requirements. You'll be responsible for the delivery of code, contributing to pricing risk and P&L components of the strategic asset class platforms. You'll also work with users from the front and middle office to translate the business strategy into clear technical and analytical systems solutions.
As well as this, you'll:
- Design, develop and optimise trading and risk management pricing system components
- Develop technical system solutions to implement mathematical models for the pricing and risk management of trading products
- Build system components for pricing, calibration and risk analysis
- Ensure coding standards and procedures are implemented correctly
- Promote a strong client focus throughout strategy, communications and client engagement
- Identify and mitigate any potential risks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with Python, C++ and C# programming experience, and at least a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Excellent algorithmic skills and software pattern knowledge
- Strong coding skills with an awareness of code comments and testing
- An understanding of MS Visual Studio compiler and Windows operating systems, both 32bit and 64bit
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
An understanding of quantitative methods for pricing, and the implementation of mathematical techniques for solving numerical problems and analysis would also be useful.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.