Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are currently seeking a top performing QlikView Developer with hands on experience in Data & Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced QlikView Developer with Technical / Management skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics.
The successful applicant will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders in order to derive requirements for solutions and to work with the development teams to translate those requirements into accurate Software Specifications. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
- QlikView design, architecture and development experience, including planning, analysis, design, implementation, code review and maintenance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to actively contribute to a high-level Business Intelligence team
- Solid SQL experience
- Experience with Qlikview/QlikSense software applications
- Experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Business Intelligence reporting and analysis development
- Any experience and or good working knowledge of at least one of the following software applications:
- SAS VA/VS
- Business Objects
- Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies
- Able to respectfully challenge customers to think about different options – comfortable providing them with options rather than just perform what they request
- Excellent communication skills – interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Interested in expanding capabilities into all areas of Information Architecture
- Experience in Financial Services within either Insurance, Banking or Capital Markets
- A track record of achievement and recognition within the IT industry as evidenced by significant promotion since leaving education
- A strong academic track record
- Experience of working within the consulting industry would be a benefit
- Able to work in a team and help assist other team members develop Data Analysis skills
- Happy to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
- Experience of knowledge of integration issues and technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
- Experience in an analytics role for a large transformation programme
- Experience in working on own, or in small team with ability to take the initiative to drive a project forward
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and methodologies (including some of RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presence and ability to interact with various levels of seniority within a client organisation
- Mentoring and management of team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
- Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies and analysis techniques
- Ability to use agile prototyping tools
- Ability to run SQL data queries and perform data analysis
- Knowledge of Big Data and tools such as Hadoop, MongoDB
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.