Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
Siemens small gas turbine manufacturing company, has existed on its present site in Lincoln for over 50 years. Lincoln is the base for the design and manufacture of world class gas turbines for applications within the Oil and Gas Industry and Industrial Power Generation. Today the Lincoln business employs around 1200 people and is a major exporter with more than 3300 units sold operating in 89 countries.
We have a number of different exciting purchasing and logistic opportunities in our Lincoln office, you will be asked to specify in your application which roles you would like to be considered for, below is a short summary of each -
Global Logistics Internship - You’ll support the Head of Global Logistics & the Logistics Team in developing processes and KPI’s to effectively manage our logistics operations and to work on continuous improvement projects to support future efficiency, productivity and financial savings. The goal is to foster continuous improvement in logistics, in particular through making better use of the opportunities offered by digital technologies.Degree required for this role: working towards a 2:2 or above in Finance, Logistics or Economics. Analytics, Presentations and Good Communication Skills are required
- Tactical Purchase - You’ll support the Head Purchasing here in Lincoln on developing processes and KPI’s to effectively improve and manage our On-Time delivery (OTD) performance from our third – party suppliers, in line with scheduled and unplanned demands. The goal is to work with the buyers and interrelated departments, such as Engineering, Quality and Goods Receiving on continuous improvement projects in OTD, in particular through making better use of the opportunities offered by digital technologies. Analytics, Presentations and Good Communication Skills are required, with the ability to work on own initiative as well as working in a team.
Here's what it takes to join some of the brightest mind's -
A positive can-do attitude
- Results orientated
- A positive approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident with communicating at all level
- 3 A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
Working towards a 2:2 or above in Finance, Logistics or Economics degree
Whilst the role is based in Lincoln, our undergraduate roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
The closing date for this position is Sunday, 3rd February 2019.
Job ID: 97122
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
No longer accepting applications.