Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business and we are looking to hire a Product Marketing Manager. The product marketing team has the utmost respect in the company acting as a central hub to ensure connection between customers, product and the go-to-market sales and marketing teams. This team is so engaged across the company that we are in need of expansion immediately. Through the existing product marketing efforts we have established a customer informed product roadmap, value based messaging, persona definitions as well as sales and customer service enablement. With this baseline, we are looking for an additional Product Marketing Manager, to help us create new ways to tell our story in partnership with our demand generation and events teams. We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling with thought leaders, at conferences, in webinars and any other engage medium you think could transform our business. To do this job you need to be skilled in both planning and execution, able to work cross-functionally, and leverage internal stakeholders and vendors to deliver effective results. The ideal candidate will bring to the table past experiences positioning complex product in the market as well as a solid track record in partnering with internal and external partners to develop valuable stories and content that position Checkr as the industry leader.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Translate the Checkr roadmap and products into compelling story lines that are engaging and compelling as presentations, videos, webinars and keynotes that help drive demand and position Checkr as the leader of the industry
- Partner with the marketing team to produce high fidelity externally-facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides and more that align to all funnels of the GTM plan.
- Create and execute the Checkr webinar program including editorial calendar, speaker recruitment & prep, content creation and demand strategy to drive pipeline, customer adoption and brand awareness of Checkr
- Partner with industry third party leaders to augment the Checkr webinar program with third party webinars and reach including defining goals, talk tracks and delivering content to drive awareness and fuel pipeline
- Proactively build compelling stories and content pitches that position Checkr as a thought leader to be leveraged for speaking engagements
- Develop relationships with customers, partners and external thought leaders to build joint narratives and presentations for events and webinars
- Work with the events team to develop compelling content, customer stories and calls to action to deliver the most engaging world class events.
- Develop differentiated corporate and product messages to represent the company in the market be that in sales materials, customer facing marketing and events.
- Connect with customers, prospects, sales teams and partners to show them the future potential when working with Checkr.
- Engage sales enablement to supplement the appropriate sales enablement tools that will assist sales teams in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Build a thought leadership program that aligns to the Checkr GTM including managing outreach and ongoing relationships with key influencers.
- Collaborate with Demand Generation to be the resident expert on upcoming webinars and other content that can be leveraged to help build lead generation.
- Understand the Checkr product suite in depth to help build content including demos and other assets to help sell Checkr on the website.
- Work closely with cross-functional marketing team to drive the business including tracking, measuring and reporting on results.
- 5+ years marketing, content marketing and product marketing experience with a passion for the new world of work
- 4+ years of experience in storytelling through presentations and videos that result in high engagement and sharing
- Expert knowledge and creative eye for slide creation and execution
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations.
- Proven track record of crafting compelling messaging, positioning and thought leadership content under tight deadlines.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including viral on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks.
- Demonstrated ability to ideate, build and execute compelling live and webinar based presentations that drive demand and increase brand awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives, customers, partners, and thought leaders to develop presentations, fireside chats, panels etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of complex sales organizations with a passion for doing product marketing that helps the bottom line and drives business.
- Experience working to help customers tell their stories through compelling assets.
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of large internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Experience working with direct distribution (sales) teams and channel partners.
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Works well under pressure or in a high growth environment that is constantly changing.
- Strong communication skills including storytelling with PowerPoint, data crunching with Excel, use of salesforce.com, etc.
- Ability to build compelling stories and slides in PowerPoint, Prezi and/or other tools.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
_Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. _
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the _San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance_.
AWS and Marketing
8 days ago - source