Alation, the data catalog company, is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand and trust data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 100 organizations, including eBay, LinkedIn, Pepsico, Dow Chemical and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog.
We’re looking for world class product leaders who share our vision for a more curious and rational world and can evangelize our vision internally and externally. As a PM at Alation you will be working to unlock the value of the data: help people to find, understand and trust data that they already have. Working closely with Fortune 500 customers, using the cutting-edge technologies and much more.
- Develop detailed use cases and product requirements around ETL, data science, and streaming data application integrations
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth
- Drive the product vision and roadmap for your areas of responsibility
- Collaborate closely with your PM colleagues, design and engineering to execute on your vision & roadmap
- Be data driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Manage and communicate release schedules, goals, and dependencies internally and externally, partnering with customers, sales, customer success and marketing
- 2+ years of hands-on product management experience in an agile environment
- Self-starter with strong creative problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Experience scaling enterprise B2B software products
- Have delivered user experiences that are empowering, delightful and well-designed
- Strong ability to discuss technical details and collaborate with engineers & product design while clearly communicating with leadership, sales marketing, and customers
- Have in depth knowledge of cloud data platforms, data science, data management, analytics or the BI space
You'll be a great fit if...
- You're passionate about building products that empower a curious and rational world
- You are continuously observing potential improvements to products that surround you
- You use objective criteria to decide what needs to be done first; balancing conflicting demands while understanding and communicating business and practical trade-offs
- You are able to excite others about your ideas
- You have the fire within you to drive excellence
- You like the 10,000 foot view, but also like to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
- You're humble and thoughtful and a vocal advocate for your users
- You have a deeply analytical mindset, yet are able to combine quantitative analysis and logic with a human touch
Product - US
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.