Product Manager, APAC
Based in Singapore at TripAdvisor’s APAC head-quarters, reporting to the Group Product Manager, APAC we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive key product initiatives for the region.
APAC as a region encompasses many different markets and cultures. Each of them have different needs and requirements as travelers, with different competitors, partners and tech eco-systems in each. In 2019 TripAdvisor will be focusing and investing more than ever in APAC to grow our brand, community and revenue. To do that we’re looking for an experienced PM to join the APAC product team to deliver the product roadmap required to support the ambitious growth targets we have and to ensure the TripAdvisor product delights users in solving the most important traveler use cases across the region, as well as changing the current product to address any unmet needs specific to the region.
The PM will be part of a regional team based in Singapore and Tokyo, and will work with an Engineering team based in our Global HQ in Needham MA. The PM needs to be a self-starter, passionate about data, and thrive in an environment where they can work on and own complex product features. They are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal/external research and data analysis. They have extensive experience working in an Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans into clear specifications and deliver best-in-class products. They execute and deliver results, negotiating or trading off on the implementation when required. We need someone with communication skills that allow you to excel at collaborating in a global team environment working in several time zones.
Summary of essential job functions
• Work with business stakeholders to define and translate strategic business ideas into product stories and acceptance criteria.
• Own end-to-end product delivery by co-ordinating product rollouts across internal business functions.
• Analyse the data available to and lead optimisation of our performance metrics.
• Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
• Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as to executives.
• Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
• Work closely with the other Product pillars ensuring efficiencies and opportunities across them are realised.
• 3-4 years of product management experience.
• Proven ability to create, analyze and communicate performance metrics.
• Strong business process design skills.
• Proven ability to specify, execute and deliver product improvements.
• Strong technical understanding. Engineering background a plus.
• Experience working with customers, suppliers, marketplace platforms or third-party partners.
• Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures a plus.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with a diverse set of responsibilities.
• Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with agile development.
• Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones.
• Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams.
• Occasional overseas travel maybe required as part of this role, primarily to USA.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.