About the Org
Airbnb Experiences are activities designed and led by inspiring locals. They go beyond typical tours or classes by immersing guests in each host’s unique world. It’s an opportunity for anyone to share and monetize their hobbies, skills, or expertise without needing an extra room. In 2018, Airbnb Experiences had a transformative year, increasing quality, expanding its geographic footprint from 60 to over 1,000 cities, and growing over 10x faster than the Homes business in early days.
About the Team
Airbnb Experiences is managed marketplace where every single Experience is manually vetted for access, expertise, and human. The Experiences Host team grows unique supply, fosters host success, and ensures high quality.
About the Role
You will lead the entire Experiences Host PM team. In this role, your team and you will be responsible for finding the most interesting people in the world, making it easy for them to provide an Experiences submission, developing tools for operations to quickly and accurately assess the quality of submissions, creating solution to onboard and educate hosts, providing hosts insights on pricing and availability, building hosts tools to help them grow their business and achieve their goals, and creating a scalable and actionable quality system. Within Experiences, not only will you partner with research, data science, design, and engineering, but you will also partner with operations, legal, policy, safety, marketing, and finance. Outside of Experiences, you will partner directly with Homes and Airbnb Platform. This will be a highly collaborative leadership role that will transform Airbnb Experiences.
You will be responsible for growing our community of high-quality hosts and empowering them to be successful
- Grow high-quality Experience Hosts in over 1,000 cities around the globe
- Build systems and tools to vet new host submissions
- Develop onboarding, education, and community solutions to make hosts successful
- Create tools to enable hosts to be build their business
- Build core platform solutions to power all categories and hosts
You will be a lead the Host Product Management team
- Develop product vision and execute on product strategy
- Grow, lead, and mentor a world class team of Product Managers
- Implement best in class product development and management practices
- Partner with a world-class team of engineering, data science, design, research, content strategy, legal, marketing, PR, financial planning & analysis, and operations
- 10+ years of traditional consumer internet Product Management experience
- 7+ years of experience managing teams of Product Managers
- Strong leadership skills
- Combination of scrappy entrepreneurial vigor and large scale systems thinking
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience
- [Bonus] Product Management experience with a marketplaces business
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.