Producers reside within the Product Management discipline at Riot Games and help lead the vision of individual products across the finish line. They also assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, a new game mode for League of Legends, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
As a Producer, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer on the Champions team, you will guide the vision for champions for League of Legends. You’ll ensure every new Champion we craft has clear goals, and that opportunities to revisit our older champions are carefully considered as well. You will be responsible for defining what success looks like and helping the development team achieve it. You will partner with other producers, as well as a diverse group of developers from many disciplines, to shepherd ideas from concept to completion.
- Lead the creation of the product roadmap that delivers on the outcomes defined by League’s gameplay strategy
- Accountable for the product quality and successful delivery of Champions
- Ensure continued health and operation of the overall product line of Champions
- Monitor and tune the teams’ development work systems and processes
- Manage and/or mentor and coach Producers on Champions to support their success
- Responsible for the team health and work systems of both teams and all the included work streams
- Regularly assess the Champions team’s maturity, health and composition and ensure the right staff are on the team and working on the right thing
- Experience creating and building characters, and familiarity with character creation pipelines
- Experience managing complex software development teams using agile methodologies
- Experience building high quality relationships and communications with players
- Experience managing others (preferably Product or Development Managers)
- Experience mentoring others for performance
- League of Legends affinity: You love playing League and have a good (and detailed) understanding of the Champion roster.
- Tested leadership: You've lead development endeavors and have a track record of creating conditions for success for medium to large size teams.
- Systems thinker: You take a holistic systems thinking view of the product development life-cycle and adapt processes accordingly.
- Champion of culture: You know how to work with and inspire a diverse group of developers, and create a culture of inclusivity that is supportive for everyone.
- Agile product understanding: You’ve managed product backlogs and know your way around a product roadmap.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Product Management and Product Management
9 days ago - source