Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $14 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What you’ll do
Prosper is seeking an experienced Principal Product Manager (Director/Sr. Director). This individual is responsible for the HELOC product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This team member reports directly to, and works closely with the Head of Product. The ideal candidate possesses a demonstrable track record of product management from inception to launch of world-class consumer product as well high reliability B2B offerings.
- Work with internal stakeholders from marketing, legal, operations, and executive management to translate business needs into a product requirements.
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), Q/A testers and subject matter experts to get requirements well scoped, designed, tested and built.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team.
- Work in Agile/SCRUM processes and Test Driven Development.
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade-offs.
- Lead and resolve questions and conflicts across organizational stakeholders.
- Be an impactful contributor within the group.
- 10+ of experience in product management with 5+ years spent at management level
- BS in EE/CS or other applicable discipline strongly desired
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer facing products
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into technical detail
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in a fast paced environment
- Excellent project management skills - delivery and action oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.