Hours of work: 35.75 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: 18 July 2019
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Jarvis Brook School
Hadlow Down Road
Phone: 01892 653033
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Jarvis Brook School is a happy and harmonious place, where we put our children at the centre of all we do. If you are a caring, creative, child-centred individual we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full-time member of support staff to join our successful school. Experience is not as important as having the right attitude and approach to working with our children!
You will have a NVQ 2/3 in Childcare and Education or relevant equivalent qualification.
You will be required to:
- Plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- Implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and their carers.
- Be a key worker for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each individual’s development. To support unqualified nursery assistants in the implementation and evaluation of children’s planning and progress.
Support for our students:
- Contribute to the health and well-being of our children
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual children and groups
- Be an effective role model for children’s behaviour
Support for the school:
- Contribute to the maintenance of children’s safety and security
- Provide lunch cover duties
- Recognise and work to confidentiality, Child Protection procedures, Health & Safety, and all the school’s policies
- Be involved in extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs, activities, trips, open days, presentation evenings)
- Assist with special activities in the school within school hours (e.g. sports days, plays, concerts, open days)
- Work in collaboration with the Headteacher to help make Jarvis Brook the very best it can be!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact the school office for an application pack
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
6 days ago - source