Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to being the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Rioters in Tokyo are driven to deliver unique player experiences that show Japan players they aren't lost in translation.
That's where you come in.
As Player Support Specialist (Japan), you'll encourage Player Support agents to make a great outcome for our players of Japan server. You'll put your zeal for problem-solving to work answering player tickets and creating straightforward guides and tutorials that help players resolve issues on their own. You'll also keep your teammates up to speed on solutions to the latest circumstances, ensuring they're able to quickly and efficiently solve player problems.
- Day-to-day PS agent (outsourcing vendor) communication including visiting their office frequently.
- Promote work efficiency programs and improve their quality of work.
- Communicate well with the Central office counterparts(SMEs) on regular meetings and/or emails.
- Escalate unknown player issues to Central in a timely manner.
- Train teams in new support tools and refine processes.
- Drive regular meetings with PS agents.
- Understand both Player and Player Support agent pain points.
- Provide smooth problem solving for any issues surrounding Japan specific events
- Player-focused: you're a lifelong PC gamer, and you draw on your own experience playing League of Legends to provide first-rate support to summoners like you
- A motivated team player: while confident in your creative problem-solving skills, you aren't ashamed to ask your teammate for their expertise in solving pressing player issues
- A communications pro: you're empathetic towards your fellow players and approach communications humbly and happily; your sunny disposition makes you easily relatable, and your ability to break down complex topics into common language makes you easy to understand
- Multilingual: you're fluent in both Japanese and English, including the gamer lingo that's a requisite when communicating with players
- Act as the voice of the player sharing their comments in order to collaborate with Rioters and external vendors to solve player issues; establish Player Support as the key component of Tokyo Riot's mission to always put players first
- Build and manage external vendor relationship to ensure the quality bar remains at its highest for the player's support experience
- Craft ongoing training programs, curriculum, and initiatives designed to enhance Tokyo Rioters' understanding of current, improved, and new support tools and methods
- Communicate across different disciplines and teams to address escalated issues and resolve player concerns; coordinate a response strategy in case an issue ever comes up again
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, ensuring you have the knowledge you need to anticipate and answer new questions before they become players' pain point
Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Player Support and Customer Service & Community
3 days ago - source