Wealthsimple is democratizing financial investing to make smart investing easy, accessible, and transparent for everyone. With $3+ Billion in assets under management and over 100,000 clients, we're the market leader in Canada and are fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fintech companies in the world. You can read about our mission, our team, and our culture to learn more.
As the Platform Product Manager (Accounting & Tax), you will join the Platform Engineering team which powers all the Wealthsimple products. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy and deliver detailed, crisp business requirements for the underlying services behind the data we display to our clients & regulators (e.g. balances, transaction history, monthly & annual statements). You will own the product roadmaps, defining and prioritizing sprint schedules from design to release. This role is inherently cross-functional working across functions such as finance, compliance, design and operations consolidating input and translating it into technical requirements for engineers. We are at an exciting stage transitioning from a monolithic implementation to a constellation of micro-services and readying our platform to support external partners alongside Wealthsimple's businesses, making this an ideal to step in and make your mark.
In this role, you will:
- Own and evangelize the vision for the Accounting & Tax Engineering team and its evolution, ensuring that it aligns with the overall product and company vision
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of new products and features, translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering, operations, design, finance, compliance and other teams at Wealthsimple throughout the product lifecycle
- Coordinate with external partners, including regulators and government entities, to define and deliver compliant solutions and complex integrations with 3rd party systems
- Collect, analyze and use quantitive and qualitative data and reasoning to assess the impact of what you ship and inform what we do next
- Analyze and understand root causes behind exceptions in order to scope simple and actionable solutions
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a demonstrated ability owning and driving results in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Is scrappy and willing to do whatever it takes to ship. That means wearing many different hats — copywriter, researcher, financial analyst — whatever it takes to get the job done
- Quickly grasps complex concepts and distills them down to something simple and easy to understand. The financial industry is already way too complicated — let's make it simpler
- Is adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data. You bring order to chaos.
- Is exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business
- Is naturally curious and inquisitive and doesn't readily accept the status quo. You ask “why?” a lot. Like, a lot.
- Has a demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize across multiple competing priorities
- Has a proven ability to navigate complex unstructured cross-functional environment
- Possesses strong, persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years in a technical and/or platform product role
- Experience in accounting is an asset but not required
11 days ago - source