Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Accounting team. The group is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting ledger, financial reporting, payroll processing and performing financial analyses throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills while working cross functionally between teams and technical skills to back up their recommendations.
What You'll Do
- In this role you will be reporting to the Payroll Manager
- Collaborate with the People, Legal, and Finance business units on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as, accurate benefit information, new hire processes, cash, bonus, terminations, and other adhoc projects impacting payroll
- Compute wage and overtime payments, calculate and record payroll deductions, process requests for paycheck advances, and process terminations
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintain time and attendance records, enter new hires into the payroll system, post changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes
- Balance and control earnings and deduction totals, inspect automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determine and correct out-of-balance conditions
- Prepare and file tax reports, gather payroll data for inclusion in the financial statement, and research and prepare special reports for management, calculate military and jury duty pay, and process garnishments and levies
- Assist the Payroll Manager in maintaining the payroll-related procedures manual as the company grows
- Participate in the month-end closing for all payroll, benefits, payroll taxes related accounts
- Participate in the annual financial statements audit and be the main constant for all payroll related audit testing
Conduct year-end reporting for W-2’s etc
Minimum 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school
- CPP designation preferred
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite or UltiPro is a plus
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies
- Self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.