Patient Account Rep- Denials, Patient Financial Services, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Patient Account Representative- Denials to join our Patient Financial Services team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located with Lovelace Shared Services, organizational support departments for all Lovelace facilities including Coding, Finance, Health Information Management, Revenue Cycle, Marketing, and the Resource Team. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers’ expectations in every way.
Patient Account Representative- Denials Job Responsibilities:
- The Patient Account Representative- Denials is responsible for collecting insurance accounts for government and commercial payers.
- Manages and reconciles accounts, update and document financial data.
- Insurance Follow-Up/Denials
- Commercial Insurance Follow Up- Denials/Appeals escalation spreadsheets reviews
- Medicaid Insurance Follow Up- Credits/Denials/Appeals/ Overpayment Variance
- Military/ IHS Insurance Follow Up- Credits/Denials
Patient Account Rep- Denials Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: 2-3 years of Professional Billing/Insurance Follow Up and Collections environment, experience with computerized word processing and spreadsheet applications, experience in a hospital or other health setting, prior experience with Hospital Billing, experience in dealing with, both in writing and verbal.
- ICD-10 and CPT-4 knowledge,
- Must be able to type 35 wpm
- 1-2 years of Hospital Billing/Insurance Follow Up and Collections environment
- Experience as an active team member
- Experience in multiple tasking in a fast pace environment
- Have a working knowledge of computer systems and office equipment, should be familiar with Medicare fraud and abuse issues
- Familiarity with Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, as well as other payment programs that our patients may question
- Sound understanding of the contractual adjustment system of posting.
- Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Named one of the Best Places to Work by Albuquerque Business First
- Named Top Workplace by Albuquerque Journal, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to Work five times since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Business Office - Ardent Patient Financial Services
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.