Our Hermiston location is looking for an experienced Parts Back Counterperson. The Counterperson will be responsible for assisting Technicians and Service Advisors in selecting and obtaining required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
Examples of Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist technicians and other internal customers with selection of required parts to complete customer repairs.
- Accurately process orders in the system and coordinate pulling product, shipment or delivery to the technician or service advisor.
- All aspects of parts department functions including cycle counting, inventory & freight management.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Locate available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
- Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
- Provide price quotes, availability and other information to technicians and service advisors.
- General knowledge on warranty periods and guidelines.
- Process manufacturers core returns.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information when time permits.
- Keeps counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Inclusion in a rotation for after-hours phone calls for emergency parts.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Other duties as assigned as business needs require.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Three years or more years of heavy duty truck and parts experience preferred; OEM Dealer experience preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of truck engines, transmissions and rear axles. Experience in customer service environment required; language proficiency required to effectively communicate with customers.
Skills: Must be professional and safety minded at all times. Excellent communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Able to effectively listen and to interpret customer needs.
Physical: (These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be available to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.) Will be up and down from desk during work shift. Extensive use of telephone and computer. Bending, stretching, limited heavy lifting in excess of 70 pounds may be required.
Environmental: Primarily indoors with limited outdoor work. Moderate noise level in office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
Built upon a 30 year history of helping customers satisfy their transportation needs, Freightliner
Northwest is an expanded network of dealerships with multiple locations throughout Washington and Oregon. As a full-service Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Wilson Trailer, Reitnouer Aluminum Trailer
dealership family, we can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications.
Our experienced staff of factory-trained, certified technicians, can handle the most complex service issues to decrease customer downtime and get them back on the road. We also offer several body shops staffed with experienced, competent, certified technicians who are able to address repair issues for all makes and models of medium and heavy duty vehicles. Elite service doesn’t stop there, our knowledgeable financial staff offer expert loan and insurance advice when customers are ready to purchase.
We strive to go beyond customer expectation with the same high quality level of service across our network of dealerships. We take pride in the quality service we provide and we are committed to caring for our customers across the Pacific Northwest. With locations off every major northwest highway, all roads lead to Freightliner Northwest.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.