A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local business person trading under the McDonald's name. Currently over half of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view there's no difference. For employees there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant.
Benefits of working for our Franchise:
- A discount card giving you fantastic discounts on food in any UK McDonald’s restaurant as well as discount at over 1000 big High Street retailers.
- A chance to attend our prestigious annual award party.
- Invitations to regular staff events held by your restaurant.
- FREE uniform, you only have to provide the shoes (but you can get discount on them too with the discount card!)
- The chance to win our Employee of the Month scheme.
- FREE life insurance cover after one years’ service.
- Auto-enrolment into the Nest pension scheme if you are over 22.
- Regular performance review and an annual pay review.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great promotion prospects, we always promote from within. All of our managers started as crew.
Quite simply, you'll be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
To join us as a Crew Member you’ll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must. You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.