Are you a graduate who aspires to work for a company with market leading Technology? Or are you someone who has a real passion for Technology and wants to learn more about an ever growing business?
Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems.
The Ocado Solution manages and communicates its product roadmap internally and externally through a software tool (Jira / Confluence) and a number of internal processes. Reporting to the Head of Product Management you will be responsible for ensuring the key processes required to manage the roadmap run in orderly fashion and you will configure Jira / Confluence, maintain its content updated and train or support internal stakeholders. You will be the point person on Jira / Confluence.
The preferred candidate should have a strong technical and process inclination and should be excited about learning how to operate and configure Jira / Confluence (prior knowledge is not required).
- Drive roadmap processes for the product team (e.g. gathering requirements, managing their progress / status)
- Work with the team to improve the shape of key processes
Own Jira / Confluence
- Learn about the tool through formal training, consulting support and working with colleagues
- Become the go-to person with regards to Jira / Confluence. Resolve key business pain points and day-to-day challenges
- Manage the contract with Jira / Confluence in coordination with the Head of Product
Configure Jira/Confluence and maintain the database
- Translate business requirements into Jira/ Confluence configurations. Execute and test configurations
- Document the set-up of the configuration and the possible user cases for our teams and clients
- Work with multiple stakeholders to continuously improve the tool (e.g. configuration, new content etc)
- Maintain and update all Product Roadmap content in the database
Train team members and support client queries
- Develop and deliver standard training sessions to our teams
- Help internal teams resolve day-to-day challenges
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Work experience in a fast pace business
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to find a sensible balance between technical and business requirements
- Demonstrable creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Exposure to Jira / Confluence is a plus (not required)
- Language Skills (Not essential) French, Spanish, German
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong process focus and ability manage initiatives
- Proactive in dealing with business challenges
- Enjoys challenging conversations and resolving complex problems
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast pace cross-functional environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Free shares
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.