Location: Barrow in Furness
Hours: Full Time
This particular Packaging Technologist job will suit a packaging engineer/technologist who has experience of working on the implementation of new packaging projects including factory acceptance trials and roll out of new carton designs and finishes.
You will be an integral part of our Hands and Face UK Business providing leadership and coordination for Local Packaging Development and Maintenance activity working closely with Regional Packaging Developers, Procurement and Mill Packaging Engineers in order to help us to achieve our business objectives around Innovation and Cost Transformation.
Reporting into the EMEA Packaging Development Team Leader who sits within R&D, you will support the development and Implementation of packaging improvement plans. Working in partnership with our marketing team, you will lead the implementation of regional packaging improvement and packaging cost saving projects and as a subject matter expert you will provide your valuable knowledge in multifunction team discussion around equipment & other activity affecting packaging.
As a packaging technologist/engineer, you will have experience of using quality tools such as Exponentially-weighted moving average (EWMA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Centre lining and Process Capability Studies to ensure statistically valid Packaging Material, Primary and Secondary Pack and Pallet specifications are met.
At Kimberly Clark we focus heavily on 'think customer' so you will participate in initiatives that aim to improve consumer satisfaction & where necessary lead projects to eliminate/reduce pack design sources of consumer dissatisfaction or complaint. This will be aided by your desire to represent the interests of the customer /shopper/chooser/user by interfacing with Marketing and Quality.
- Sufficient experience within a similar role. Relevant experience must include packaging, manufacturing and logistics insight
- This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
- Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role.
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams to effectively collaborate in a multifunctional environment.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience using quality tools such as; Statistical Process Control, Centre lining and Process Capability Studies.
- Negotiable basic salary dependent on experience
- 12% bonus
- Company car/car allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
You also have the choice of a range of flexible benefits including:
- Holiday trading (buy or sell an extra 5 days a year)
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Dental care
- Discounts on gym memberships
- Travel insurance
- And many more!
To find out more about this opportunity from one of our Internal Recruiters, click APPLY to submit your application.