This Executive Assistant role is required to provide secretarial/administrative support to Head of Banking & Propositions UK and Head of Strategy & Planning, Banking & Propositions UK. Role holders will exercise confidentiality, tact and diplomacy skills and will have sufficient expertise in their area to deputise for their superior and/or actively participate in meetings.
They may also oversee small projects and have minor decision making authority/autonomy.
Role holders will carry out tasks such as:
• Organising schedules, maintaining diaries, arranging travel and accommodation
• Co-ordinating activities, resources, meetings, services and managing internal and external stakeholders
• Provide administrative assistance as necessary (e.g. Fusion orders/expenses)
• Managing external relationships and service providers
• Gatekeeper or primary point of contact roles for an area
• Adhere to HSBC policies and maintain confidentiality on sensitive activities in the remit area
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate your ability to operate with the highest level of discretion and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Possess demonstrable ability to support Executives at a high level
- Have experience of arranging global travel, inputting into reports, data management, supporting executive level leaders with HR/system queries and any other ad hoc administrative and secretarial requests as required by the team
- Be able to demonstrate expert level knowledge of systems and the full suite of Microsoft office.
This role is based at 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.