We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Part Time Night Porter to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We are recruiting for a Part Time Night Porter to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to be part of a team that provides great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
Experience we are looking for -
- To have worked in a hotel or accommodation services business.
- To be able to work in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to work independently, being self motivated to complete the tasks.
- Flexibility- to enjoy working night shifts, seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends.
- Follow hygiene and cleanliness standards to ensure the Hotel is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean public areas- reception, bar, restaurant and toilets, and back of house areas, employee restaurant and changing rooms ensuring they meet the hotel standards.
- To set up conference rooms following the instructions and standards on the conference booking sheet.
- Have a visible presence within the hotel to ensure that all customers request and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Deal with guest queries and complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Conduct fire and floor walks to ensure guest security.
- To work closely with the hotels management team to ensure compliance with all hygiene and health and safety programmes.
- To assist in the smooth running of the food and beverage departments during your shift.
Why come and work for us
to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Having the chance to work with and around friendly people – we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 83.3% (2016 result)
- Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
- The opportunity to work for a well respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
- A smart Uniform
- Meals on duty
- Monthly engagement activities- we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- So many training courses that your brain may not be able to squeeze them all in
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for the month.
- Happy Rewards – earn points and claim them back on gifts that you want
- Stay at one of our hotels for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Sensible benefits that could save you money -Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, childcare vouchers, Christmas savings scheme, etc
Featuring a grand stone facade, this sophisticated hotel fronts the bustling pedestrian thoroughfare of Queen Street. It's a 2-minute walk from the Cardiff Metropolitan Cathedral of St. David, a 4-minute walk from National Rail trains at Cardiff Queen Street and a 9-minute walk from Millennium Stadium.
Sleek rooms with contemporary furnishings are decorated in earthy hues. All come with free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and tea and coffeemaking facilities. Suites add living rooms.
There's a chic restaurant for contemporary dining, plus a bright lounge bar and 8 meeting rooms.
No longer accepting applications.