Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:Responsible for the fulfillment of mortgage loan applications and supporting documents to submit for underwriting, as required by Bank policy and investor standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Mortgage Lending products, policies, processes and required documentation for Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and portfolio products, as required.
2. Obtain required credit and compliance documentation for assigned applications from internal clients, external clients, vendors, and third-party sources.
3. Submit mortgage loans to Underwriting ensuring BB&T Mortgage and investor policies and procedures are met which includes calculating all forms of income (e.g. wage earner, retirement, self-employed), reviewing real estate appraisals, calculating appropriate homeowners insurance coverage, calculating specific mortgage product program income and ratio requirements, analyzing bank statements to determine sufficient required assets, and other tasks as required.
4. Adhere to all compliance regulations, as directed.
5. Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management in accordance with performance standard expectations.
6. Efficiently utilize automated mortgage processing system.
7. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, internal and external clients/business partners, and vendors.
8. Obtain required credit and compliance documentation for assigned applications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Two years of experience as a Mortgage Lending Processor I or equivalent
3. Completion of required Mortgage Lending Processor training within set timeframe
4. Ability to utilize mortgage automated processing system
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to internal and external clients
6. Good organizational skills and ability to develop solid understanding of underwriting guidelines
7. SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant (or compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and acceptable NMLS background check)
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
2. Basic knowledge of other Bank services and products
4 days ago - source