SEEDS coordinates Preschool Early Intervention services, performs multi-disciplinary evaluations, and contracts with provider agencies for ongoing Preschool Early Intervention services. Children are served in the least restrictive environment possible to meet their educational and developmental needs. Locations can include the child's home, a Head Start center, a community day care or nursery school, or a center-based Preschool Early Intervention program. Services include special instruction, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, and nursing or any combination of these.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct specialized instruction to preschool children with special needs in community and home based settings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide special instruction as recommended in each child's Individual Education Plan (IEP) within the context of the natural environment
- Complete required documentation including daily Service Verification Notes, Biannual Progress Monitoring, and other necessary reports
- Maintain a caseload of 25-50 children based on the duration and frequency of services as indicated on each IEP (caseload prorated if working less than 40 hours per week)
- Provide ongoing assessment of eligibility including providing re-evaluation when necessary and plan appropriately for discharge of children
- Participate in IEP meetings, providing service recommendations, present levels of performance, and goals/outcomes
- Participate in team/staff meetings designed to support the overall function of the program
- Participate in professional development opportunities within and outside of Elwyn that are appropriate to the field of special education
- Participate in supervision, feedback, mentoring, and self-reflection to support therapeutic excellence
- Complete other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Regional Lead Direct Service Staff
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Service Coordinators, Direct Service Staff, Directors and Teachers at Program sites, Children and their Family Members
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood/Special Education is required
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood/Special Education is preferred
- PA School Certification in Early Childhood/Special Education is required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with young children with special needs is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Access, Publisher and report-writer experience preferred
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed; if driving personal vehicle must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record in addition to proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.