DescriptionThe Medical Records Retrieval Representative 2 travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system. The records are reviewed by Humana's Coding staff.
- Travel up to 80-90% of the time, and will consist of driving to locations close to your home, as well as driving to locations that require overnight travel for up to several nights at a time.
- Use a laptop computer and a portable scanner to retrieve medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
- Schedule appointments and visits to physician offices in a timely, efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- High School Diploma
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel throughout Northern Colorado about 80-90 % of the time. Preferred candidate to reside in the Greeley, Loveland or Fort Collins, CO area.
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
- Knowledge or experience of Medical Records or Electronic Medical Records
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance for Humana systems is 10Mx1M
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Previous healthcare or health insurance experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
This role is considered "work at home", however, you must reside in the Northern Colorado Area-Greeley, Fort Collins or Loveland as you will be required to travel up to 90% of the time to provider offices in this region.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
13 days ago - source