All Locations: Eglin AFB, FL (Florida)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Nuclear Operations Directorate (NOD) is seeking a Senior Project Leader or Engineer to provide acquisition and systems engineering support to the USAF Long Range Stand Off (LRSO) Program Office at Eglin AFB, FL. The successful candidate will provide leadership, acquisition process development, execution, and monitoring support for the LRSO program office as it transitions into the Engineering & Manufacturing Development phase. The candidate will be a customer interface for the Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND) at the USAF Nuclear Weapons Center. The candidate will be responsible for leading AFNWC/ND support programs and will directly interface with the NOD staff at Eglin AFB. The candidate will also interface with the NOD staff at other US Air Force bases as required. The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interface with the government customer and contractors. The ability to effectively organize and lead ETG support teams is required. The candidate will serve as technical lead; managing cost and schedule performance for all projects assigned in support of AFNWC/ND. As a valued member of the NOD leadership team, this position reports directly to the LRSO Systems Director for LRSO, Nuclear Operations Directorate, Eglin AFB.
- Lead studies in support of Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND)
- Support development of source selection criteria and execution of the process
- Support the SPO with Milestone B entry & exit criteria
- Support the SPO with Request for Proposal and Statement of Work preparation
- Support development and validation of system requirements
- Support review and analysis of contractor deliveries
- Provide input to the system acquisition process
- Lead studies in support of system and functional level requirements and performance specifications
- Work with AFNWC/ND to identify key tasks, analysis and studies to be performed by Aerospace’s Engineering and Technology Group (ETG)
- Support teams of Government, Aerospace (including ETG), and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization
- Manage STE allocation budget and schedule execution for assigned activities
- Up to 25% travel may be required to US domestic locations
- This position can be filled as a dual level requisition L2 (Project Engineer) or L3 (Sr. Project Engineer)
- Experience with large scale program acquisitions and systems engineering to include:
- Source selection, milestone entry/exit criteria, and RFP and SOW development
- Requirements and interface development and management
- Concept of operations development
- Risk management
- Independent technical assessments
- Trade study analysis
- A Bachelor of Science degree in science, engineering, or mathematics from a recognized institution
- A current Secret clearance is required (successful candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI clearance)
- Minimum 10 or more years relevant acquisitions, systems engineering, program integration, and mission assurance experience
- Demonstrated acquisition development, systems engineering and technical leadership, including identifying issues, concerns, establishing resolution approaches, etc.
- Previous experience supporting acquisition and operation of strategic weapons systems
- Extensive background in systems engineering to include project and team management, requirements verification, staffing, and resource estimation
- Relevant experience with inter-agency coordination and communication
- Experience as management/representative to/for DOD customers
- Possess test related experience to include: hardware and software test procedure development and verification, rack elevation design/assembly, lab and hazardous material management, and test non-conformance resolution
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Walton Beach
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
7 days ago - source