All Locations: Eglin AFB, FL (Florida)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Nuclear Operations Directorate (NOD) is seeking a Senior Project Leader/Engineer to provide Nuclear Certification and Cybersecurity Engineering support to the USAF LRSO SPO System Security Engineering Group. The successful candidate will provide technical and program management support to USAF organizations on cybersecurity operations, weapon system certification, and system engineering functions. Responsibilities include providing cybersecurity/nuclear surety overlays and mission assurance oversight, systems engineering, integration, and detailed technical analyses of on-going and proposed modifications and upgrades, and requirements analysis for strategic systems. The candidate will be a primary customer interface for the Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND) at the USAF Nuclear Weapons Center Cybersecurity office. The candidate may manage staff cybersecurity efforts at other US Air Force bases as required. The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interface with the government customer and contractors. The ability to effectively organize and lead ETG support teams is required. The candidate will serve as the cybersecurity certification lead, managing cost and schedule performance for all related surety projects in support of AFNWC/ND. As a valued member of the NOD leadership team, this position reports directly to the LRSO Systems Director for LRSO, Nuclear Operations Directorate, Eglin AFB.
- Support the LRSO SPO Nuclear Surety Group with nuclear certification, operational safety and system security engineering to include Anti-Tamper analysis, nuclear hardening of components, and cyber security engineering to include threat assessment, knowledge of cyber related policies/best practices and implementation of these into the design, test planning, execution and assessment.
- Ensures modifications and upgrades are properly documented, reviewed, and tested to ensure compliance with weapons system requirements, design constraints, national cybersecurity policy and certification, and support the development and assessment of new or enhanced capabilities and Long Range Stand Off (LRSO) Program Office acquisitions
- Lead studies in support of Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND)
- Support development and validation of system requirements
- Support review and analysis of contractor deliveries
- Provide input to the system acquisition process
- In addition, the position will assess existing, new and emerging processes for effectiveness and improvements and recommend incorporation of lessons learned into the acquisition process
- Lead studies in support of system and functional level requirements and performance specifications
- Work with AFNWC/ND to identify key tasks, analysis and studies to be performed by Aerospace’s Engineering and Technology Group (ETG)
- Support teams of Government, Aerospace (including ETG), and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization
- Manage budget and schedule execution for assigned activities
- This position requires coordinating with Government engineering management, Aerospace management, and Aerospace personnel supporting cybersecurity and nuclear operations to ensure maximum utility and benefit to all nuclear operations customers
- Up to 50% travel may be required to US domestic locations
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering, science, computer science, computer information systems, or mathematics from a recognized institution
- Experience with DoD/DoE nuclear certification and/or Cybersecurity engineering to include:
- Requirements and interface development and management
- Requirements Verification and Validation
- Concept of operations development
- Risk management
- Independent technical assessments
- Trade study analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in Nuclear Certification to include experience in obtaining nuclear certification for DoD programs and/or a background in cybersecurity to include: Program Protection Plan (PPP), Supply Chain Risk Management, Systems Security Engineering, Resiliency, project and team management, requirements verification, staffing, and resource estimation
- Cybersecurity Policy and Certification, Information Assurance, Systems Engineering, and Mission Assurance background and expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with government customers from junior grade to general officer level is required. Widely recognized internally and externally by peers, management, program office, contractors, and the Air Force.
- Minimum 10 or more years relevant cybersecurity, systems engineering, program management, program integration, and mission assurance experience
- Demonstrated systems engineering and technical leadership, including identifying issues, concerns, establishing resolution approaches, etc.
- Previous experience supporting acquisition and operation of strategic weapons systems
- A current Secret clearance is required (successful candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI clearance)
- Cybersecurity Certification, Nuclear Command and Control, ICBM Code Controller, Cryptologic Device Certification, Supply Chain Risk Assessment, experience is highly desired.
- Familiar with Better Buying Power tenets and possess a working knowledge of Systems of Systems, Open Architecture, Agile Development, Common Trusted Baseline (NIST SP 800-128 Guide for Security-Focused Configuration Management of Information Systems) and plans for technology on-ramps
- Extensive background in cybersecurity to include project and team management, requirements verification, staffing, and resource estimation
- Relevant experience with inter-agency coordination and communication
- Experience as management/representative to/for DOD customers
- Possess test related experience to include: hardware and software test procedure development and verification, rack elevation design/assembly, lab and hazardous material management, and test non-conformance resolution
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
- 20 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Advance degree in applicable science, engineering, or nuclear weapons effects, policy, and planning
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Walton Beach
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Security
7 days ago - source