An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Operations Controller to join the Defence Logistics team in Bristol in a key role supporting Assembly.
As a Logistics Operations Controller you will be responsible for coordinating delivery of kits and piece parts for Assembly and Partner demand requirements. You’ll be the primary business interface between Assembly and our 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) logistics provider managing their delivery and quality of performance as well as the administration of internal RR logistics tasks interfacing with a wide variety of functions across the business to execute these.
You will operate effective relationships demonstrated through the satisfaction of Assembly and Partner demand requirement and ensure ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) process and system compliance by safeguarding data integrity.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Key Accountabilities :
- Cascading and prioritising Assembly demand signal to 3PL
- Transacting movements on system and coordinating inbound and outbound physical material flow in line with Assembly requirements including processing of non-conforming and customer return material
- Detailed system and process interrogation to support cross-functional issue resolution
- Representing Defence Logistics and deputising for Defence Logistics Manager in cross functional meetings and operational reviews
- Prioritising and tasking internal IFL (In Factory Logistics) team in support of Assembly requirements
- Embedding R-R Production System in internal IFL team developing and implementing performance metrics & reporting mechanisms and identifying continuous improvement projects to better performance
- Excellent SAP skills: the ability to transact, interrogate the system and interpret findings to a high standard
- Comfortable with taking the lead, actively participating in cross-functional meetings and influencing without authority
- Operational experience in a logistics environment with a track record of consistently delivering results
- Sound knowledge of logistics operations processes and systems within Defence including logistics service providers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a clear communicator at all levels
- A strategic approach with the aptitude to plan beyond immediate Assembly requirements
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an enduring legacy. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 29 January 2019
Supply Chain Planning & Control
15 Jan 2019; 00:01
No longer accepting applications.