ABOUT CARVANA…. At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money. For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
Logistics is the art of problem solving personified. As the Logistics Manager at Carvana, you will ensure that our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do this by managing, and optimizing the Vehicle Transport operations, ensuring the day to day activities are completed, and problem solving through complex obstacles to your business.
I know, I know, you’re in logistics, you want more details:
- Responsible for operations execution and optimization; Problem solve to remove barriers to operations.
- Ability to execute on strategic initiatives
- Primary liaison between Retail Hubs, and Inspection Centers
- Responsible for rolling out new programs or initiatives impacting team
- Oversee the scheduling, PTO, and attendance of team members
- Communicate, coordinate, develop, and evaluate team members’ work
- Active participant in recruiting, performance management, employee relations, and other people activities
- Build a culture of safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Ensures DOT compliance
- An understanding that things will change. We need to know you are okay with that.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU……
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a logistics leadership position
- CDL preferred or be willing to obtain
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success
- Aptitude for creative problem solving
What you can expect in return…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
10 days ago - source