Do you value the public library's role in building communities and enriching lives? Do you have audiovisual experience? Do you enjoy helping others? If so, the City of Carlsbad is recruiting for a part-time Library Technician at the Carlsbad City Library on Dove Lane.
The scheduled work hours for the part-time Library Technician will vary and will include evenings and weekends.
Part-time positions are not benefited and cannot exceed 980 total hours worked within one fiscal year. Part-time employees with the City of Carlsbad receive 24 hours of sick leave per fiscal year.
Qualified applicants will be notified only if selected for an interview.
The Library & Cultural Arts Department of the City of Carlsbad provides educational, informational and cultural services for all community residents and contributes to a high quality of life by supporting lifelong learning, the pursuit of knowledge and an environment conducive to a community gathering. The Library & Cultural Arts Department operates three public facilities: the Carlsbad City Library, the Georgina Cole Library and the Library Learning Center, along with presenting programs and classes throughout the community.
The Carlsbad City Library is also home to the Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium, George and Patricia Gowland Meeting Room and the Cannon Art Gallery, which support a variety of visual and performing arts programs, arts education and cultural arts services.
The ideal candidate for the Library Technician position is someone who:
- Has audio-visual experience
- Can provide excellent customer service through active listening, positive language, and patience
- Can establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support operations for events and use of the auditorium, lecture hall, theater and
multiple meeting room operations
- Operate audiovisual and presentation technologies
- Operate stage lighting, audio, as well as video and audio production equipment
- Database use and maintenance, data input, and image scanning
- Interact with renters to facilitate their events successfully
- Answer questions from the public
- Assist with room set-up as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills or abilities required for the position:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Current audiovisual and presentation technologies use and operations
- Lighting, sound reinforcement, video and audio production and editing
techniques. Experience with moving light units a plus.
- Follow written instructions setting-up auditorium and meeting rooms for
programs and events
- Provide good customer support with skilled AV technical assistance as required
- Work effectively both independently and with others as a team member
- Operate computer programs and applications including; PowerPoint, Word,
Avid, ProTools and other editing suites in networked and stand-alone
- Rapidly learn new technologies and operations
- Be capable of self-guided research and learning
- Effectively provide technical guidance and assistance to patrons
- Consistently communicate and coordinate relevant job-related information with coworkers, other departments and customers
- Consistently be a responsible and reliable employee following through with all scheduled events
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would qualify. Preferably a degree or substantial course work from an accredited college or university in instructional technology, theatre, media production, telecommunications or closely related field AND at least some prior work experience in a related field.
While performing the duties of this class, an employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand. While performing the duties, employees of this class are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; observe and interpret people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; and interact with staff and others encountered in the course of work. When performing courier duties, the employee must be able to safely handle up to 50 pounds.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.