Oakam is a digital micro-lender helping under-banked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone, we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system, we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for a talented Lead QA Engineer to help us build and maintain our automated test and QA systems and processes.
What you will do:
- Act as a key contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources
- Provide technical advice, integrate automated testing through CI/CD practices, and develop tools for testing mobile products
- Own the QA roadmap for integration and end-to-end testing
- Working with colleagues across product teams to ensure well-defined requirements for every release
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of junior QA developers
Who you are:
- You will have solid programming background (e.g. C#, Java)
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You have experience using testing frameworks (e.g. nUnity, MSTest, xUnit) and tools (e.g. Selenium, Postman)
- You have experience in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and relevant tools (e.g. SpecFlow, StoryQ)
- You are highly analytical, able to interpret data to recommend solutions, and highly detail-oriented
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 26 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Private medical care
- Investment in your professional development
- Sabbatical leave
- Regular social events
Tags: C#, Java, and Software Engineering