Kitchen Porter - The Bath Pub Company
The Bath Pub Company are recruiting kitchen porters to join our busy kitchens across our four pubs.
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, take pride in their job and have previous experience working in a busy kitchen.
Shifts will vary and you will be working a mixture of breakfast, lunch, and dinner shifts.
About the company
The Bath Pub Company operates four premium foodie pubs in and around Bath. Our aim is simple; to run great pubs that people love to visit, and build a company that people love to work for.
Whilst each of the pubs is owned by one company, were a million miles from a branded chain. Each of our four pubs has its own distinct personality and we encourage each of our managers to run the pubs as their own. Each chef creates his own menu according to what will work best for each pub, its about as far away from one size fits all as you can get. Four different pubs, each with their own character, but with common values of quality & passion shared by all.
We are a young, growing business and were always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Job opportunities arise with us all the time and as long as you have passion, bags of energy and enthusiasm we can usually find a position.
Perhaps more than most businesses, hospitability is a people business. Thats why we go to great lengths to make sure we only take on board people who share our passion for great food & service.
If youre successful, youll get the chance to work alongside some of the brightest and most talented people in hospitality. Well look for opportunities to help you grow and develop professionally and youll have the chance to be part of something special.
We are an equal opportunities employer and dont discriminate in terms of age, gender, race or sexuality for us variety is the spice of life! We do, however, discriminate in terms of passion and desire, thats why you wont find anyone working for us whos simply there to pay the bills. You spend a lot of your life at work and we firmly believe you should only be here because you love your job.
£7.83 per hour plus tips.
Gratuities are split equally between all staff on a per shift basis.
- 25% discount on food and drink at any of our pubs for you plus a guest.
- Staff trips, which have so far included trips to Champagne, Barcelona, Rioja, Bordeaux, Ancona and London, as well as supplier & restaurant visits (including The Hand & Flowers, Casa Mia and The Pony & Trap).
- Wine can be purchased at cost price (up to 75% discount from list price).
- Annual staff party, with the teams from all our pubs.
- Staff rewards for excellent performance, which have included weekend trips away, tablets, coffee machines, festival tickets, pizza ovens, flying lessons, balloon rides, race days amongst many others.
- 'Recommend a friend' recruitment scheme, which for each person you recommend and starts working for us, you can earn either £250 or £500.
- Childcare vouchers (20% discount against childcare costs, such as nurseries, pre-school and after school/holiday clubs).
- Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available and also stages at other restaurants (which most recently has included The Hand & Flowers).
The company operates a long service ladder of benefits that reward staff who stay with the company for long haul. These include:
- Increased holiday allowance.
- Increased company contributions to your pension scheme.
- Company paid parental leave
- Be over 18 years
- Speak fluent English
- Be available to work both weekends and evenings
- There is no live-in accommodation available.