We are looking for a Junior/Associate Buyer to join our fantastic Home team, it’s a dynamic and diverse role and when we say that no two days are ever the same we are not kidding!
There’s a lot to get passionate about as you will be able to work closely with some phenomenal Soft Furnishings Brands , including our own proprietary brands whilst helping us to constantly improve on our range.
Alongside your team you will build the range(s) to meet sales, margin and stock targets within a specific product/category area. Working closely with the Buyer, you will be responsible for your own categories within the area. With these you will be buying and developing the ranges.
Main responsibilities will include:
- source, select and secure a suitable range of products for QVC to fit the long term brand strategy, target market and meet sales targets ensuring the range is fresh, relevant and exciting for the customer
- negotiate the best possible prices and conditions of trade.
- lead and take accountability for product flow in and out of the business, ensuring delivery is meeting business requirements
- to work closely with all relevant departments in order to develop a deep understanding of QVC operational requirements to aid buying decisions, including, but not limited to Planning, Broadcasting, Multi channel and Distribution
- be aware of inventory levels taking accountability for OTB and for the return to supplier (RTV) process, ensuring stock is returned in a timely manner
- ensure Presenters are fully briefed on all product information prior to live shows to maximise sales
- identify, negotiate and present key promotional products at Today’s Special Value (TSV) meetings
- identify, negotiate and present new concepts, brands and events at Business Strategy (BSM) meetings; and to support the Planning department with BSM presentations for existing concepts, brands and events
- regularly meet/liaise with suppliers to review product performance and develop new concepts, ensuring products comply with QVC’s long-term objectives and quality standards: and develop brand plans and share strategy with suppliers
- develop supplier relationships, keeping abreast of new trends and competitor activity, and taking advantage of new ideas/concepts and products
- Take the lead role in supervising the Buyers Assistant(s) and/or Merchandising Administrators
The ideal person in this role will be required to have an understanding of Product development ideally within textiles/ soft furnishings. Strong interpersonal skills are important, as you will be the main point of contact for suppliers, as well as liaising with other departments within the organisation. Experience of liaising with suppliers is required.
You should ideally have Buying experience within a head office environment, ideally at Junior Buyer or Buyer level. It is essential for the successful applicant to have a deep understanding and experience of handling a critical path. Trend awareness with a real passion for product and an understanding of the retail buying function are both key. Good PC skills are necessary for this role, especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong presentation skills are important.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better!Junior /Associate Buyer - Home Furnishings
No longer accepting applications.