Are you beginning your career as a Web Developer while looking for a work life balance and growth?
If you like your projects being valued, work well both independently and with a team this could be just the job you are looking for. The United Methodist Publishing House (UMPH) is looking for someone to grow their web development skills and contribute to our overall growth as a department. UMPH has a wonderful work environment that is supportive and has a “family feel” that most employers only dream about.
The Jr. Web Developer is responsible for continually enhancing their skillset with guidance from senior team members and management. The incumbent contributes to overall project success by adhering to coding standards, accurately employs development tools and meets deadlines.
Nature and Scope
Essential Job Functions
- Creates technical solutions in .NET and NopCommerce
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware/software, and/or improve its performance.
- Builds and maintains web sites and supporting applications using programming languages, scripting languages, authoring tools, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Evaluates code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets standards, and is compatible with all supported operating systems, browsers, and device types.
- Creates and maintains documentation on programs and procedures, as required by department standards.
- Maintains understanding of current web technologies and programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Confers with business analysts, developers, graphic designers, network engineers, and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, interfaces, and business rules.
- Develops or validates test routines, validation procedures, and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and to address all supported operating systems, browsers, and device types.
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback as well as corrects problems or refers problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Writes, designs, or edits web page content as well as directs and trains others producing content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- [Bachelor’s|Associate’s|Bootcamp] degree in computer science or information technology field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Elicits and applies feedback in coding practices to improve performance.
- Continually learning while actively setting challenging goals and meeting them.
- Establishes effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrates high standards of performance and flexibility in day-to-day work.
UMPH is the parent company of Cokesbury, Abingdon Press, Common English Bible and Ministry Matters. Through our brands we reach a broad audience of Christians that desire spiritual guidance or simply want to expand their current understanding of the Word. We offer a unique opportunity for work life balance, personal growth, and a way to truly make a difference in the lives of our customers.
Please visit our website www.umph.org to learn more about UMPH and review the details for this position and submit your application for this opportunity.
24 days ago - source