Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the *IP*/Creative team, you'll focus on planning & implementing IP development via different product types. You will help create roadmaps for our IP content in the pursuit of growing Riot's IP value while helping to make sure the player experience within the League of Legends universe is satisfying and pleasant. You'll help share insight and feedback with multiple teams, such as Business Development & Publishing & C-Dev team, to help align their goals with the goals of your team. You'll partner with internal creative team & external vendors to foster an effective & creative IP production team through proactive brainstorming & communication that guarantees IP products developed by regional office align with central’s big IP picture.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Educated and experienced:you've earned at least your bachelor's or you can make a strong case with your long tenure in the field; you've worked in a IP development/creative fields or similar capacity with 5+ years of experience and know what it takes to drive a project from beginning to finish
- An Agile team member:you have extensive experience working with teams in Agile environments as a Project Manager & Development Manager; you hold true to Agile principles while reliably delivering value to the organization and players
- A motivational mentor:you keep teams focused on results, growth, and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- Detail-oriented:you look at projects under a microscope, methodically dissecting their DNA to ensure that no detail has been overlooked; you communicate your findings precisely and efficiently with zero room for misunderstandings
- Self-motivated:you meet challenges with gusto, taking initiative to assume responsibilities while writing the instruction manual where none exists; impossible is your favorite kind of possible
- An Artist & Producer: Always passionate to create & pursuit innovative and quality ideas to enrich, polish and lift the whole IP value of _League of Legends _via different artistic expressions through not only self-generating but also leading internal & external teams.
- A gamer:your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously, and that helps you build player-focused development environments
- A subtle influencer:you're able to help drive multiple teams (including ones outside your discipline) to aligned goals by positively influencing their direction with actionable feedback without having to set hard mandates
- Map out our short-/ long-term IP strategy which continuously supports Riot’s game content & brand and execute such strategy through effective idea planning, pitch-book creation, production monitoring & follow-ups;
- Identify, pursue and execute IP products creation by engaging and managing third-party agencies or direct relationships;
- Work with internal parties and external vendors to ensure smooth coordination and execution of IP projects
- Monitor the larger environment, industry and technological developments to guide or advise content development team through potential opportunities and improvement, and provide corresponding solutions and recommendations;
- Gather data and feedback from multiple teams & communities to help influence and guide the projects of multiple development teams based on actionable intelligence
- Regularly assess the team´s maturity, health, and composition; relentlessly strive for cohesion gains across the board
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
3 days ago - source