Join the dynamic Mobile Platform engineering team and reinvent the flagship TripAdvisor iOS app. This is an opportunity to help define and provide a delightful user experience and to accelerate mobile app development at TripAdvisor. You will shape and roll out the software architecture and development best practices to enable our distributed development teams to rapidly deliver a delightful app experience to millions of TripAdvisor app users.
In order to be successful, you must have a good understanding of modern architecture and best practices for mobile app development. You must be able to conceptualize and clearly communicate these best practices. You must also demonstrate the ability to produce scalable, performant, and maintainable code across the full stack, from app user interface to services and database.
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers and designers to chart a path to a delightful user experience, implementing necessary infrastructure, reference implementations and documentation
- Define and roll out software development best practices to accelerate development of that user experience on a stable, performant and maintainable architecture
- Gather feedback from other engineering teams to ensure the platform meets their needs
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 3+ years of iOS programming experience, in high-volume apps (Swift and/or Objective-C)
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software architectural patterns, and relational databases
- Experience in the definition, implementation, and rollout of significant architectural changes on high volume mobile apps
- Significant experience with API design (GraphQL and/or REST)
- Experience analyzing and improving app performance and resource utilization across the full stack
iOS, Objective-C, Swift, GraphQL, and Engineering
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.