Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Are you looking for a terrific growth opportunity? Are you a motivated individual looking to scale with a rapidly growing organization? In this role, you'll design and implement controls and processes, drive efficiencies, investigate and resolve issues, and record and reconcile financial transactions.
If you're excited to jump into a dynamic environment, affect process improvement, and share your expertise to build a premier accounting function, we're looking for you!
What You'll Do
- Own the accounting process for our international entities including:
- Review of entries, reconciliations and financial reports prepared by international accounting teams
- Preparation of monthly transfer pricing entries
- Preparation and review of financial statements for local filings and executive reviews
- Support for international tax filings
- Drive initiative for global process alignment across international entities
- Propose and implement enhancements and improvements to assigned areas
- Build schedules to support regulatory, statutory, and management reporting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Facilitate requests and inquiries from external auditors
- Assist with continued global expansion through set-up of new legal entities, banking relationships, service providers, etc.
- Key player in International tax structuring assessment project, including transfer pricing, local country requirements and indirect taxes, and ongoing management of compliance activities
- Implement processes and document controls to ensure SOX compliant internal control environment
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- 3-5 years accounting firm experience, 5+ industry, or a combination of the two
- Have or working toward CPA certification or equivalent
- Experience with global entity structure
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills along with good judgment
- Detailed oriented, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Excellent teammate with phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Improvement and efficiency focussed
- Strong technical expertise
- Understands the importance of influence and adjusting communication for audience
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
_Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. _
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
AWS and Finance
27 days ago - source