About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund’s Internal Investigations Team works under the Global Legal Department and is in charge of conducting investigations into cases of fraud, ethics, and policy violations. The Kenya Investigations Specialist will lead the Investigations Team for the One Acre Fund Kenya Program, our largest country of operations, under One Acre Fund’s Managing Legal Counsel. You will also help strengthen and refine investigation processes in the country, and creating prevention/detection mechanisms for fraud and misconduct across the entire organization.
- Leading the investigation into cases of fraud or cases of misconduct. You will prepare and submit draft and final reports to Global Legal and other partners. This may include managing other investigations team staff or staff from other departments who are participating in an investigation and directing the team strategy.
- Develop important strategies and policies for the investigations team on an annual basis together with the Global Legal Department and Kenya Country Program’s goals.
- Manage two-experienced Internal Investigators working on other cases, review their work, oversee their investigations processes and styles, and ensure they are developing.
- Lead training across the Kenya Program on topics in fraud and misconduct.
- Coordinate reporting to local legal counsel. The Kenya Investigations Specialist will report or oversee the reporting by one of the department’s investigator for civil actions resulting from investigations.
- Compile and report on fraud and misconduct data to One Acre Fund’s Global Legal and Audit teams.
- HR/employment law - For candidates with a relevant HR/employment law background, this role would also include providing legal counsel to our expanding HR team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for qualified professionals with at least 5+ years of relevant professional work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant professional work experience in a professional workplace, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, etc.
- Professional work experience preferred in the areas of Law enforcement/criminal justice, law and legal compliance, accounting, financial analysis, and human resources.
- Educational background with a university degree in law, criminal justice, accounting, or finance are preferred. Licensed attorneys are encouraged to apply as well.
- Experience presenting detailed reports, training, and briefings to different audiences at One Acre Fund.
- Comfortable with basic financial analysis and ability to summarize data.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Experience building teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced writing skills in English
- Fluency in the English and Swahili languages.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No_; _Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication _here__. _
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.