The successful candidate should enjoy and be skilled at internal audit and/or risk management and will be required to:
Engage with staff at various levels of the organization to:
- Complete process and reviews, per the Audit plan
- Suggest and agree actions with Management to remediate any weaknesses identified
- Monitor the Feedback the results of various remediation actions.
- Perform control effectiveness testing to ensure that suggested remedial actions/controls are implemented within processes/business areas
Risk analysis which includes but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the Enterprise Risk Assessment Process
- Review, analysis and reporting of incidents across the organization
- Analysis of incidents to determine root causes, trends and repeat incidents
- Review and analysis of control self- certification results and provide feedback into risk management processes
- Assist in review of Policies, Procedures, Processes and controls for completeness, alignment of Group standards and other best practices.
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of the Group’s governance, management structure, adequacy of processes to support management in decision making process.
- Provide assurance that the practice of acquisition, development, testing and implementation of systems and implementation of processes to meet the Group’s strategies and objectives.
External assurance providers:
- Develop Audit Strategy and annual Audit plan
- Engage with external service provider and assist to co-ordinate the delivery of control effectiveness testing across the business
- Assist with the facilitation of internal and external audit reviews
- Follow up on review findings and engage with the business to ensure that findings are closed out in a timeous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or finance or accounting field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in carrying out and managing audit function in a financial institution.
- Possess technical knowledge in information systems (Particularly Networks, Databases, Operating systems and general computer applications) will be an added advantage.
- Competitive remuneration
- Working with a diverse team