A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Associate Relations Manager will serve as an escalation point in addressing workplace concerns, issues and inquires within an identified cross segment, cross functional client group. Responsibilities include building trust, credibility and collaborative relationships with line managers and associates. Handle inquiries, mitigate risk and minimize adverse impact to the organization through application of policies, practices and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements. Resolve issues and address client needs to ensure situations are resolved fairly, objectively, and in a manner that aligns with our Five Principles and the Associate Concept.
- Responsible for evaluating and addressing concerns, issues and inquiries escalated from the MyP&O call center or client group.
- Coach and advise P&O Business Partners, line managers and associates.
- Make recommendations regarding policies, practices and procedures focused on improving consistency, effectiveness and capability.
- Deliver capability building programs for line managers, P&O Business Partners and MyP&O call center.
- Engage with peers and Sr. AR Manager regarding complex, high risk situations.
- Identify and assess negative performance trends and partner with P&O Business Partners and line managers on improving the talent profile of the organization.
- Partner with and coach line managers on performance management process and documentation.
- Review and recommend next steps regarding separations, severance options and transition assistance.
- Partner with legal counsel to represent the business in legal and governmental proceedings.
- Perform associate relations investigations. Prepare recommendations based on policies, practices and processes.
- Identify associate relations trends in area of responsibility and partner with Sr. AR Manager on appropriate actions.
- Deliver Associate Relations capability building programs to site leaders and line managers.
- Minimum qualification: University degree or equivalent
- Preferred qualification: Combination of education and experience preferred in Human Resources
- Five or more years of experience working in Human Resources
- Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals across all levels of the organization; Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Knowledge in applicable employment and labor relations regulations
- Ability to rapidly mobilize and manage internal and external resources to mitigate risks to the Mars business and reputation
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into insights and actions
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and own discrete areas of responsibility
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work effectively with manager while managing competing projects and/or demanding clients
- Strong Human Resources Policies and Practices
- Travel 30%
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
6 days ago - source