Job Title: Housekeeping Team Leader
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Location: Hook Campus, Hampshire
Working Days / Hours: Monday to Thursday 15h00 to 21h00, Friday 14h00 to 20h00
£12.20 per hour
Purpose of the Role
- Manage directly employed staff in-line with the Serco people management model, dealing with periodic appraisals and any performance issues.
- Undertake daily cleaning duties.
- Manage all HR related issues ensuring to comply with HR standards and procedures and ensure all is documented.
- Participate in recruitment, training, absence management of cleaning operatives.
- Monitoring of attendance, performance and behaviour.
- Ensuring directly employed and sub-contractor staff understand and commit to the delivery of standards outlined within the internal auditing process.
- Accountable for high service delivery across the campus to client requirements.
- Work part of a multi skilled management team to ensure the seamless delivery of Security, Housekeeping and M&E services across the campus
- Managing the cleaning budget and keeping track of over/under expenditure.
- To comply with the Serco policies on Health & Safety, COSHH and other statutory legislation.
- Carry out cleaning inspection.
- Complete the housekeeping and cleaning work methods in-line with BICSc standards.
- Ensure all waste management including the emptying, disposal and replacement of domestic waste containers meets the requirements of Serco
- Liaise with external contractor for the effective cleaning of external window’s patio’s and guttering on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain high personal hygiene standards across all washroom facilities.
- Participate as a full member of the wider team supporting colleagues and working flexibly to cover other members of the team
- Reporting on the facilities general condition and repair in terms of maintenance reporting and hazard spotting.
- Investigating complaints and following up with actions.
- Complete monthly team meetings and document.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as prescribed by manager and within scope of skill and capability
Working with the Project Manager to oversee and assist with the co-ordination of projects and moves from an housekeeping perspective.
Critical skills Required
- Ability to manage people successfully
- PC literacy, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work alone, using own initiative
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions in a logical manner
- Self motivation and ability to manage time and priorities well
- Ability to
- communicate to all levels on both the client side as well as within Serco.
- Ability to monitor deadlines and performance in-line with required standards outlined within contracts
- Ability to deliver services to customers effectively.
Critical knowledge & experience required
- Experience in BICS
- Previous experience in working within a corporate environment
- Previous experience in working in a client facing role
- Have a Cleaning background or experience in managing contractors and directly employed staff with responsibility for Cleaning
- Experience in managing services in-line with a performance management system
- Experience in budgets
- Experience of managing people and the provision of services to a corporate client
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
8 days ago - source