Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 72 services strategically placed across England and Wales. We require a Hospital Cook, based in Ty Grosvenor, our Hospital in Wrexham.
Annual salary: £20,000
Hours per week: 37.5 including weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
Our Hospital Cook role involves:
- Being responsible for the production of the hospital food for patients, staff and visitors;
- Stock ordering, and supporting budgetary control;
- Promoting patient choice;
- Producing daily meals, snacks and buffets as well as serving the food;
- Menu Planning;
- Supporting in the management of the Catering Assistant;
- Responsibility for staff rotas.
To be successful as a Hospital Cook, you’ll need:
- Be mindful that the patient is central to all we do;
- City & Guilds 706/1, equivalent Basic Food Preparation Cooking or City & Guilds 706/2;
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Level 2;
- To be able to prepare and produce quality food to a high standard;
- To be able to communicate with patients, visitors and staff at all levels;
- To be able to cope with ease under pressure;
- Experience of computerised ordering systems such as Pelican and Cherry Pi;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Catering Assistant with particular attention to the allocation of their duties and specific tasks;
- Prepare and distribute rotas for the Catering Department four weeks in advance, taking into account planned activities and any staff absence;
- Undertake induction training for all new staff in the department;
- Monitor performance within the department and participate in annual appraisal process in liaison with the Clinical Site Facilitator;
- Undertake all kitchen duties, including cooking, cleaning and monitoring of hygiene and safety levels, temperatures etc;
Food Purchasing & Cost Control
- Manage and control daily food costs to ensure that food production is achieved within budgetary limits on the production of all dishes;
- Ensure that stock levels are kept at agreed levels so that groceries are fresh and frozen products are used quickly and rotated in a systematic way;
- Check deliveries on receipt ensuring that faulty items are returned, ensuring that the relevant paperwork is received and processed. Issues items to kitchen team as required;
- Ensure that an effective stock rotation procedure is adhered to at all times and complete a the monthly stocktake;
- Maintain and keep up to date menu analysis to identify changes where it may be necessary to adjust purchases and menu alterations.
Menu Planning & Food Production
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team, keeping abreast of current trends and wherever possible exceeding patient and staffs expectations;
- Create interesting and homely cooked menus which are seasonal and thematic;
- Devise and plan menus for all patients and staff, including visitors and conference meals taking into account the varied requirements of the organisation, including nutritional requirements, healthy eating choices and special diets;
- Take action to minimise wastage at all stages of food production implementing controls, keeping records and making reports as required;
- Instil into the kitchen a culture of essential hygiene practices connected with storage, cooking and storage of food; the importance of clean, tidy and hygienic working practice such as use of knives, chopping boards, table surfaces etc. Lead by example in observing the rules concerning personal hygiene and appearance.
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
18 days ago - source