Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides services through its three hospitals in Andover, Basingstoke and Winchester. We provide all general hospital services for planned and emergency care as well as specialist services.
An opportunity has arisen to join our friendly, hard working and dynamic Kemp Welch team.
This post will be suitable for candidates with little to no experience in the operating theatre as full training will be given as part of the apprenticeship programme within the trust. Candidates with a level 2 / 3 NVQ but no surgical experience are also welcome to apply. The ward cares for patients with various surgical related concerns including upper and lower GI, vascular and urological needs.
We are looking for someone who is flexible in their approach to the way they work and is willing to work as part of a dynamic, innovative team.
We have a commitment to develop our staff and provide opportunities for staff development and training.
This is a part time post however we are flexible on the hours offered.
Trainee Role: Looking for a role where you can make a difference or just wanting to make a start into healthcare? We have the role for you! As an eligible trainee HCSW you will complete the fully-funded HHFT Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship, gain a national qualification, and upon completion, be offered a permanent substantive post. The salary will be £15,260 pa with two reward payments of £1,095 each (upon completion of the care certificate and apprenticeship) making the combined salary £17,460. This a fantastic opportunity to get into healthcare, earn while you learn, and should you aspire to, progress your career towards a senior HCSW, Nurse Associate or Nurse role.
HCSW Applicants: If you have an existing HCSW qualification or care certificate HHFT is offering substantive Band 2 posts across our three sites. For those with previous experience but no qualification or care certificate, HHFT will offer an upskilling opportunity through our apprenticeship programme - maintain your existing NHS terms and conditions but gain your qualification on our in-house Level 2 apprenticeship programme. Salary range: £17,460 – 18,702 pa.
- Compassion, caring about our patients and our staff
- Accountable and responsible, always improving
- Respect for all colleagues, patients and their families
- Encouraging and challenging each other to always do our best
Full induction and orientation to the trust will be provided for all successful candidates ensuring you are fully supported so you can deliver the best experience for our patients. We believe in offering training and development opportunities and recognise outstanding performance and celebrate this. The trust is also committed to supporting you with appraisal and offer expertise for continuing professional development.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Clinical Matron Hayley Churcher
Senior Sister Ele Parker
Our commitment to you:
We are committed to equality and diversity in both the provision of our services and how we recruit and manage our staff. Applications are encouraged from everyone with the necessary attributes for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at least 5 working days before the scheduled interview date. All communication is via the e-recruitment system and we advise all candidates to regularly check your emails including junk mail folders in web-based email products.
- All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post.
In compliance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed as part of the selection process.
- Note to vacancy advertisers: Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates a strict process regarding the advertising of vacancies, details of which may only be reproduced with the written permission of the person authorised by the Trust to place the advert. Any orders obtained via unsolicited routes (including individuals not so authorised) will not be paid and the circumstances will be reported to our counter fraud specialist.
This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. If you intend to apply you are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
17 days ago - source