- This is an opportunity to take on a high profile role which will make you RBS International's senior representative in our international markets
- You'll be building, developing and leading your team to successfully implement a new business structure
- You'll have the chance to develop and deliver your strategy for the international markets
What you'll do
RBS International's Local Banking business is moving to a model aligned to the jurisdictions we serve. It's a significant statement of our intent to build on the strength of our relationships and expertise in the markets where we operate.
As Head of International Banking you will ensure the success of the new structure in meeting the needs of our international customers. Reporting to the Managing Director of Local Banking, you'll set and oversee the strategy for the international market, and leading and mentor a team of business and people leaders. You'll set standards for exceptional customer service, and will develop and deliver an international customer and financial business plan which is fit for the future. A strong focus on risk and control will be a key part of your remit, leading by example on risk awareness and management, and ensuring our values and responsibilities are firmly embedded in every decision we make.
Key aspects of your role will include:
- Using deep understanding of the international markets to create effective plans to fulfil customer needs across the different ways they can bank, while growing quality revenue and ensuring customer retention
- Considering the impact of the economic outlook, external environment, regulatory developments and market insights in your jurisdiction
- Using critical thinking skills supported by evidence and metrics to cut through complexity, and making sound decisions and recommendations that are carefully balanced against risk
- Developing strong relationships and networks with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring our compliance with industry regulations and regimes, such as Cross Border, withholding tax, and tax compliance
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a proven background leading an international banking business, with strong credit skills and experience, including mortgage lending. You'll be an acknowledged leader and strategic thinker, with excellent planning and analysis skills, and a history of developing and delivering complex business plans. You'll also have proven experience of leading from the front on prudent operational risk management, along with reliable knowledge of the regulatory environment.
You'll also bring:
- Strong commercial and financial knowledge of the international banking sector and external market place
- The proven ability to manage relationships with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent coaching skills, and evidence of developing high performing teams to succeed against their goals
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages
What else you need to know
This role may have varying personal regulatory obligations dependant on which jurisdiction you are based in.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
No longer accepting applications.