Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a Head of Internal Communications to join our growing communications team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Head of Communications to develop and execute an effective strategy that informs, engages, and inspires our employees. You’ll partner closely with Checkr’s leaders to design targeted programs that are aligned to our company mission and objectives. You are someone who can distill complex topics into compelling messages, build and manage creative campaigns, design clear presentations and written content, and advise the executive team on effective communications strategies.
- Work with our executive team to understand our business goals and help define our culture
- Work cross-functionally (with HR, Operations, Legal, Product & Eng, etc.) to communicate the way we are bringing the Checkr vision and mission to fruition
- Write, edit, and collaborate on communications across different formats and channels
- Demonstrate creativity and excellent judgment as you provide management for internal meetings and announcements
- Engage with and advise senior executives, helping them more effectively communicate across their teams and the broader organization
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of internal communications program against stated goals
What you bring:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in communications
- Understanding of and passion for culture and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner for internal audiences
- Proficient writer that can help shape the internal comms narrative and effectively communicate via presentations, scripts or emails without significant editing.
- Strong ability to influence and inspire others
- BS/BA degree preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology\
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with _San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance__ as well as state and/or federal laws). _
AWS and Marketing
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.