Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As Head of Global Growth Marketing, you will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor at a company that has big plans to revolutionize finance and technology. You'll help set the marketing strategy, manage and grow Coinbase's digital marketing program, execute innovative campaigns, and rigorously use data to test and iterate. We're building a world-class marketing team and want thoughtful, curious, hardworking, and humble teammates.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the growth marketing strategy across the most effective levers, including performance, email, and affiliate marketing (among others). Build organizational buy-in from the executive team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage and grow Coinbase's growth marketing program with a mixture of internal resources, external agencies, and network partners.
- Manage and grow a globally-distributed, high-performing team. Determine efficient resourcing strategy for global growth marketing team to execute on strategy. Effectively hire, develop, set career paths for the growth marketing team.
- Concept, test and validate new creative, strategy, and channels for performance marketing. You'll work closely with the brand marketing team to produce and test creative.
- Ensure robust tracking and conduct rigorous analysis of growth opportunities and performance, including mix modeling to determine optimal spend by channel. Build and maintain reporting dashboards, briefing our executive team on the spend and efficacy of growth marketing efforts.
- Complex, cross-functional project management. Growth marketing is part-creative, part-analytical, part-business owner, and you'll need to work well with teams across the organization such as analytics, engineering, product, and user research, among others.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape, growth efforts across competitors, and implications for our strategy.
- Be a true owner, able to take initiative amidst a fast-moving and ambiguous environment.
What we look for in you:
- Deep knowledge and experience in growth marketing, including paid digital marketing. You'll run growth campaigns across many digital channels, working with agencies and partner networks. You should know how to deploy advertising across existing channels as well as have a good framework for evaluating new channels.
- Strong experience managing and developing a team of growth marketers.
- Capacity to own your projects end-to-end. This is a fast-paced environment in which employees need to completely own (and initiate) projects, push them to completion, and make tough judgements using a combination of data and intuition.
- Outstanding project management abilities. You should be comfortable fully owning a piece of work from start to finish. You should be detail-oriented while also getting the bigger picture. You should take ownership from day one.
- Curiosity and a creative mindset. This is marketing after all. You should bring enthusiasm and new ideas each and every day.
- Quantitative skills and a focus on the details. We need someone who understands ROI, spend efficiency, and is ready to help us grow awareness and drive revenue without busting the bottom line.
- Technical marketing experience: Comfortable working with ad tech (tags, tracking, HTML5, etc.), building dashboards, using analytics tools, email CRM, SQL.
- 10+ years in growth/digital marketing from either the client OR agency side.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
SQL, AWS, and Marketing & Communications
28 days ago - source