As a hardware engineer focusing on sensor research at Ring, you will be responsible for evaluating 3rd party sensors and qualifying them against product requirements. You will be working on cutting-edge projects and selecting novel technologies to be used in next-generation products. You will help create new paradigms for home and neighborhood security.
- Interact with vendors and evaluate capabilities, limitations, and quality of their solutions.
- Write thorough technical reports outlining testing/experiment results.
- Build device mock-ups/prototypes with interfaces to 3rd party sensors/peripherals and gather meaningful data from them.
- 3+ years of engineering experience, relating to acquisition and analysis of mixed-signal sensor data.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Experience with basic signal-processing algorithms such as Fourier transforms, filter design, etc.
- Experience with ADCs/DACs, serial interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, etc.), and electronic hardware
- Proven experimental, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of calibration and validation methods.
- Experience with image sensors.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, relating to acquisition and analysis of mixed-signal sensor data.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Experience with advanced signal-processing techniques such as parametric estimation, Kalman
- filtering, and sensor fusion.
- C/C++/Python skills (or similar) to build small programs (embedded and otherwise) to interface with and process sensor data.
- MATLAB or other computational toolboxes.
- Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, soldering stations, etc.
MATLAB, Python, C, C++, and Engineering / Hardware
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.