Under guidance and supervision successfully design, test and document the electronic and electrical engineering aspects of Cubic’s products to industry standards.
The Graduate Electronic Design Engineer should be looking to improve through a combination of on-the-job-training and lesson based training.
An element of lone working will be expected as well as supported development from senior engineers within the existing team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the design of various electronic and manufacturing proposals, for good design practice and cost effectiveness across projects.
- To prepare systems and engineering specifications to obtain quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers where required.
- To ensure good communication both verbal and written, are maintained with management through regular reporting of technical issues and project meetings.
- To maintain good performance to timescales and budgets on specific projects.
- To work as part of a project team and wider engineering team to deliver complete end to end design.
- To be able to work, independently if required, to progress designs and produce necessary electronic and electrical schematics using Altium to fulfill requirements.
- Simulate and test electronic designs to show compliance with the requirements.
- To build prototypes and integrate into larger products and/or systems.
- To liaise with all production, engineering and QA staff on electronic and electrical engineering matters
- Keep up to date on the latest Engineering techniques, materials and manufacturing methods.
- Work towards their own training and development plan and with management identify gaps in their knowledge
- To work towards a wider knowledge of the company product line and system.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrate experience of using Altium. Other CAD experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD for creating 2D drawings, or a similar package.
- Using simulation tools ANSYS preferred. Other simulation tools considered.
- Designing to requirements including cost, manufacturing ability and reliability.
- Experience with basic MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Gigabit Ethernet, USB, high speed signal design.
- RF experience.
Education and qualifications
- Minimum HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent level of experience.
- MEng/MSc in Electronic Engineering.
- Membership of and Engineering Professional Institution
- Ability to work well as part of a team of engineers of all experience levels, as well as work independently and with little supervision if required.
- Be a self-starter and with a drive to develop skills through prescribed training and on the job learning.
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be able to work on initiative but also as part of an experienced team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop knowledge and career in Electronic Design
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
18 days ago - source