- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience in or undestanding of public policy and regulatory challenges in one or more of the target verticals (e.g., Financial Services or Health Care). Ability to get up to speed on the others.
- Experience in government relations (e.g., lobbying).
- Established relationships with policymakers, regulators, and/or trade associations in one or more verticals.
- Excellent attention to detail and personal, political, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaker, demonstrated track record of executing cross-functional projects.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Google Cloud offers cutting edge technology to public and private sector organizations of all sizes. A key goal for Google Cloud is to increase the adoption of its products in specific verticals, some of which are highly regulated. In this role, you will work closely with multiple teams, including Sales, Partnerships, the Office of the Chief Technology Officer, Engineering Compliance, Cloud Trust, and other stakeholders across Google Cloud to develop and execute on strategies and tactics to remove barriers that stifle cloud adoption in specific verticals.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Build internal partnerships with Google Cloud teams focused on breaking through highly regulated verticals (e.g., health care, financial services). Identify and develop strategies for addressing blockers and opportunities for Google Cloud.
- Build internal partnerships with the members of Google Cloud’s CTO team that are developing and implementing initiatives and products to showcase Google Cloud’s value add and differentiation to public sector stakeholders and others.
- Work collaboratively with Google Cloud’s vertical stakeholders and the Public Policy team on engagement with government officials, third-party organizations, and other public policy stakeholders with oversight authority or influence over regulated verticals.
- Partner with Google Cloud stakeholders to draft white papers, develop collateral, and respond to requests for comment from government agencies and regulators with oversight and/or enforcement authority over target verticals.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.